Applications are invited for the Bhumi Fellowship 2021 for Young Graduates.
About the Organization
Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organizations. Bhumi as a platform enables over 30,000 volunteers in more than 12 cities across India for causes like education, environment, animals, community welfare etc. Bhumi helps educate over 25,000 children across India as of 2020.
About the Fellowship
The Bhumi fellowship is a two-year, paid, full time fellowship program for young graduates who want to improve the quality of education in India by transforming schools.
The Bhumi fellowship aims to create a cadre of changemakers who transforms schools in the short term and lead the next education movement in the long term.
After the two-year fellowship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a cluster of 3 to 5 schools
- Transform the education ecosystem of community
- Setup your own organization
Primary Responsibilities of Fellows
- Teaching English and Mathematics for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Supporting teachers with innovative teaching methods
- Improving the leadership skills of school leaders/headmasters
- Identifying problems faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- Final year students/Graduates between 20 and 30 years of age
- Past volunteering or work experience in any field
- Passionate about transforming the education system
Application and Selection Process
- The interested candidate will have to fill out the application form to give Bhumi a sense of who you are and why you want to be a part of the fellowship.
- After reviewing the application, the candidates may give a few more questions.
- A telephonic interview will be conducted for the evaluation.
- After a successful evaluation, he/she will have to participate in a group discussion. Following this, an interview will be conducted.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the Bhumi fellowship through this link.
June 30, 2021