Bhoomi College’s Post Graduate Diploma in Holistic Education: Apply by May 30
Admissions Starting in July 2017
You can apply for either of these courses on Holistic Education:
- 1 year Diploma programme which includes 6 months of course work, three months of internship, project work and presentation of your dissertation.
- 6 months Certificate programme which includes the same 6 months of course work as for the diploma above; but does not include project work, internship or the requirement of the dissertation.
These programmes are being offered by Bhoomi College as part of its mission to promote holistic enquiry and practice in both education and learning for ecological living. Connecting to the land and local communities are strong aspects of these courses, as well as a belief in working with a gift culture. Hence these courses are subsidized to the extent of 80% by the KNA Foundation Trust which runs the Bhoomi College as well as by many of its visiting faculty members.
Join in to participate, learn and continue the sharing with others.
You need to have a graduate degree in any discipline to be eligible for this course. In special cases, this requirement can be waived if you have sufficient work experience / conceptual understanding of issues connected to education and a good working knowledge of English.
A maximum of 20 participants will be admitted to this course. The age of participants may vary from 22 to 50+ years of age.
This course aims to satisfy a range of learning styles and requirements. The same modules can be addressed by participants at levels of intensity that suit their needs.
There will be no exams; participants can take up assignments for four out of the eight modules and can submit their work as PPTs, videos/ short documentaries, talks or workshops. Collaborative work and group projects are encouraged.
How will we Learn?
“The Medium is the Message” – Marshall McLuhan
How we learn determines our learning in significant ways. The Bhoomi curriculum includes not only content but also many interconnecting and evolving processes.
Bhoomi’s courses are designed such that a participant can
- Focus more on experiential and hands-on learning or on more book and research based learning, or on a mix of these and more.
- Learn through the way we live and work together as a community,
- Through field trips, projects and
- Through the many inspiring teachers who visit us…
The programme is conducted in four learning modes:
- Classroom Sessions: Held for five months, these include presentations and interactive talks by pioneers in sustainable living; presentations by students on books, topics, articles and projects of their choice; workshops on holistic thinking; self-exploration; and planning and discussion regarding various activities.
- Field Trips: Here, the focus is on experiencing and understanding rainforests (using the Sharavati rainforest as an example), as well as the work of NGOs, through day-long and five- to eight-day field trips.
- Learning Partnerships: As a student in the programme, you will be a learning partner, a co-creator of learning involved in active participatory learning. You will engage with real-life projects, collaborative work and hands-on activities, apart from secondary research and study of some classics on sustainable living.
- Community Interaction: The extended community of Bhoomi members, learning partners, teachers and others keep alive the vibrancy of Bhoomi events and form a meaningful context for learning through living.
About the Author
I am the Head of Department for this site. I am strict, but love my students. I believe in working hard, but I miss my college days, so secretly, I want the students to have fun. I want to bring EVERY educational opportunity out there, here. On this site. So that you can grow your careers. Yours truly, HOD.