Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India through its Solar Energy Research Initiative, and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are committed to tackling these issues by building capacity in these frontier areas.
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders in Solar Energy, the Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program – a dynamic and transformative program has been developed to foster contacts between students and scientists from India and the United States.
- To provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- To promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Solar Energy to address India-centric issues;
- To encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path in the field of solar energy; and
- To pave the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- For Student Internships:
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a PhD as full-time scholars in the field of Solar Energy, in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India;
- Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- For Fellowships:
- Indian citizens with a PhD in Science, Engineering or Technology
- Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open only to applicants working in the field of Solar Energy
- A regular position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2019
Fellowship /Internship Includes
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Airfare
- Contingency Allowance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Place of Work
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution where he/she would like to undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
How to Apply?
- Click here for Online application submission for Internships
- Click here for Online application submission for fellowship
Jan 31, 2020
Principal Science Officer: Dr Nishritha Bopana
Associate Program Officer: Ms Subhashree Basu