Applications are open for Bhajan Lal Scholarship which supports students pursuing higher studies in Environment or related disciplines. Apply by March 31.
About Bhajan Lal Scholarship:
Bhajan Global Impact Foundation (BGIF) has committed to provide full or partial scholarships and support to students pursuing an MSc, MPhil or Ph.D. in disciplines related to the environment in both Indian as well as foreign universities.
The scholarship will be offered following an assessment of both the need and the merit of the candidate.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
- Holds an offer of admission from a recognized university in India or abroad in a discipline related to Environment.
Additional Requirements (once selected):
At the end of every 6 months or semester (whichever comes first), the Scholar will have to submit the following for a renewal of the scholarship:
- Official academic transcript.
- Description of courses/modules taken and how it has been beneficial to the Scholar (400-500 words per course/module).
- Extracurricular or community activities undertook (400-500 words).
- Plans for Next Semester/ Next 6 Months (Should include Courses to be taken).
Scholarships will include partial or full payments towards tuition fees, living expenses, travel, and research unless these expenses are covered by the University (or any other source of funding).
The Scholarship will be provided for a duration of 12 or 24 months, to be reviewed at the end of every 6 months or end of each semester (whichever comes first).
- Please fill out the application form online here (or) Download it here and email it to scholarships[at]bhajanfoundation.org.
- In case of the email please attach the following to the same email:
- CV (separate document).
- Answers to Essay Questions (separate document).
- Social causes and community activities in which the candidate is involved (400-500 words; separate document).
- Additional information, including reasons for poor grades, financial background, other mitigating factors, if relevant (400-500 words; separate document).
- If selected in the first round, candidates will be called in for an interview with the BGIF Scholarship Committee. If the candidate lives in Delhi-NCR, the interview will be conducted in person. Otherwise, the interview will be conducted via video conference.
- Phone: +91 124 4564369
- Email: connect[at]bhajanfoundation.org