About the Scholarship
The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging Minorities” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India (late) Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
To recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
The scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Amount of Scholarship
Amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
Eligibility and Instructions
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- The scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam.
- The credentials of the student require School Verification. For this purpose, the students are advised to download the School Verification form and get it signed by the Principal of the School. Principal stamp & signature are required on the photograph and at the given space in the form. The scan copy of the School Verification form is to be uploaded and attached to the application.
- The annual income of student’s parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh. Students have to submit the Income certificate of parents/guardian issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/UTs Administration. Alternatively, the Income Certificates from Pardhan / Sarpanch, Municipal Board, Councillors, MLA, MP or from any Gazetted Officer may also be considered, apart from the Income Certificate received from the concerned department.
- Income Certificate must be in Hindi/English language. In case the Income Certificate is in Regional language then it should be accompanied by notarized Hindi/English Version.
- All required documents only in Hindi or English must be uploaded along with the online application.
- No physical/hard copy is required to be sent/submitted by post or by hand to MAEF.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family of the same class.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
- There are no fees/charges for either online application form or for any other service in this regard.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Oct 31, 2020
Shri Mujeeb Hashmi
For more details, click the link below.