Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Meritorious Girl Students 2021-22.
About Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2021-22
The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging Minorities” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India (late) Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
To recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
The scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course, and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Announcement of Scheme
The scheme will be announced by the concerned State/Union Territory Administration well in time, by giving advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies/vernacular and by using other suitable publicity media.
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam.
- Annual income of student’s parent/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- An Income certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UTs Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A self-Certified community Certificate is required from a student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family of the same class.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
- There are no fees/charges for either online application form or for any other service in this regard.
- Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and Aadhaar seeded with any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of scholarship will be credited to Aadhaar seeded bank account only (though student has mentioned any other non-seeded bank account in online application).
Amount of Scholarship
Amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
The selection of eligible students is based on the %age of marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam and the parent’s/ guardian’s annual income. Merit lists are prepared for the selection of students based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam. State-wise-community-wise quota is fixed on the basis of the minority population of the state in accordance with the 2011 Census.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Phone: 011-23583788/89
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Click here to view the official notification for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2021-22.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: