St. Xavier’s College, an Autonomous College under the University of Mumbai, invites applications for Entrance Test and admission to the Three Year Degree Courses in Bachelor in Mass Media (B.M.M.) and Bachelor in Management Studies (B.M.S.) for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
About the College
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, is one of India’s leading tertiary education institutions for Arts, Science and Commerce/Business. Affiliated to the University of Mumbai, Xavier’s was the first college to be granted autonomy by the University in 2010. In 2006, India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded Xavier’s the highest rating, A+ (5-Star).
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing for the BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test:
- Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1994 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2017.
- Candidates belonging to the Christian religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1st June 1992 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2017.
- The date of birth as recorded in the School Leaving Certificate, First Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority will be accepted.
- For Christian minority candidates the Baptism Certificate will be a necessary document.
- A candidate must have passed a Qualifying Examination (QE) or should be appearing for the same in 2017. Those who will be appearing in the QE later than June 30th, 2017 are not eligible to apply for BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test.
The Qualifying Examinations (QEs) are listed below:
- The final Examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognised Central / State Board, including the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, etc., Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi, Council for the Indian School Certification Examination, (I.S.C.) New Delhi.
- Intermediate or 2-Year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Note: In case the candidate has passed the qualifying Examination from a Board or Pre-University other than the Maharashtra State Board then the candidate will be required to apply for a Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Mumbai through the College at the time of admission. The duly filled-in application form available at the College Office should be submitted with an attested copy of the Class XII marksheet along with the prescribed fees to the college office when admission is offered.
Minimum Percentage of marks in Qualifying Test (QE)
- Candidates belonging to the General Category, must secure at least 65% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Christian Minority Community must secure at least 60% in the QE.
- SC / ST candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their QE.
Reservation of Seats: (As per the Directives given in the University of Mumbai Circular No. Spl. Cell / (68) / 218 / 2005 dated 3rd June, 2005)
Basis of Admission
- Stage 1 will be a written test of 100 marks (Objective Test on the OMR Sheet). A Call List for the Interview Round will be made by giving a 60% weightage to the test and 40% weightage to the qualifying XII examination.
- Stage 2 will be an interview cum written test (100 marks).
- A Final Merit list will be made by giving a 70% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 2 and a 30% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 1.
Venue of entrance exam is ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE – AUTONOMOUS, MUMBAI – 400001.
Schedule of Entrance Exam
B.M.M.: On Friday, June 2nd 2017, 2 pm to 4 pm (IST)
B.M.S.: On Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 2 pm to 4 pm (IST)
- The Schedule will remain unaltered even if the above dates are declared Public Holidays.
- The Test Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Content of the exam
The test is meant to evaluate the aptitude for the two Courses respectively)
- For the BMM it will consist of questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Economics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
- For the BMS it will consist of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Mathematics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical & Visual Reasoning, Critical Analysis.
- The Question Paper for both the tests will be in English.
Mode of Application
- Candidates can apply online and follow the steps given on the page. The online application portal will be open from 10 am (IST) on 21st April 2017 to 5 pm (IST) on 30th May, 2017.
- The fee for the on-line application:
- ST /SC candidates: Rs. 500/-
- For other candidates: Rs. 1000/-
Candidates are required to make an online payment through Credit / Debit Cards.
Note: The filling of the Application Forms and the Payment for the Entrance Test will be only through the online portal.
Instructions for Applying Online:
- Log on to this link (from 21st April to 30th May 2017).
- Follow the instructions given on the website carefully for filling the online application form.
- Once a payment has been received the candidate will receive a confirmation email.
- Subsequently the candidate will be able to download and print an Admit Card for the Entrance Test.
- The Candidate will need to affix a recent passport size photograph on the printed Admit Card and get it attested by their School / College Principal or a Gazetted Officer and carry it to the Examination Hall.
- Last date for receipt of the completed application form is 30th May 2017 (5 pm).
- Any application received after this date will not be accepted.
- No acknowledgement card will be sent.
- The attested Admit Card issued should be brought to the Examination Hall.
- If the Admit Card is not received by 30th May 2017, the candidate can approach the College Office or the HELP DESK on the day of the Entrance Test and upon satisfaction of having complied with all requirements, can obtain an Admit Card on the spot (to avail of this facility please ensure you carry one passport size photograph).
- The Results of the Entrance Test will be announced through the College website.
- Call List for Interview-cum-Written Test: Dates will be displayed on the day of the respective Entrance Tests.
- Final Merit List: Will be announced later.
For more information on the admission process and registration, click here.