The Government of Canada invites applications from bright and meritorious Doctoral Candidates for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop their leadership potential
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- The applicant: their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- The host institution: their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
70 fellowships are awarded annually and a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
The Fellowship amount is $70,000 per year (taxable) (approximately Rs. 39,09,626) per year.
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/ or engineering
- Social sciences and/ or humanities
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply. Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
Applicants to the 2020-21 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD.-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2017, and September 30, 2021 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2021.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Deadline for complete application submission: October 1, 2020
- Evaluation of applications: October to December 2020
- Declaration of Results: Mid February 2021
For further details, click here.