Film Making Contest @ Banjara International Film Festival [February 2018]: Submit by November 30
Banjara Cinema Private Limited is a premier organisation based in Mumbai, run by a team of energetic and experienced professionals who believe in new ideas and creativity. Banjara International Film Festival (BIFF) is a chain of touring festivals, hosted in different cities of the world to screen quality films to the audience and promoting independent film makers worldwide.
The festival is open to all film makers,short & feature length films of various types from across the globe, and appreciates all genres of film making.This is a competitive festival of films where the best films are shortlisted under various categories. The winners are selected by the festival committee and awarded with prizes and trophies.
- Entries at BIFF are open to all International,national and regional films. No restriction on the production year or on the release status of the film online / offline.
- Film Categories and Duration:- There are below 3 categories for entries:
1) Student Shorts (school/college ID card must be provided): Fiction,Drama,Animation,Documentary, Social awareness etc. No restriction on the topic,theme,subject or genre of the film.Duration should be 45 minutes or less.
2) Professional Shorts :Fiction,Drama,Animation,Documentary, Social awareness etc.No restriction on the topic,theme,subject or genre of the film.Duration should be 45 minutes or less.
3) Feature Films:Fiction,Drama,Animation,Documentary, Social awareness etc.No restriction on the topic,theme,subject or genre of the film.Duration should be more than 45 minutes.
- Awards: BIFF is a competitive festival with cash awards & trophies in various categories finalised by festival management. Winners must claim the awards/trophies within 1 month after completion of the festival event .
- Subtitles: Films can be with dialog, silent or without dialog. All films must have English subtitles.
- Festival Event Date: 1st week of Feb 2018 (tentatively)
Entry Fee per Film:
1) Student Shorts Category (school/college ID card must be provided):
Early Bird Entry: US$ 16 or 1000 Rs
Regular Entry: US$ 18 or 1100 Rs
Late Entry: US$ 20 or 1200 Rs
2) Professional Shorts Category:
Early Bird Entry: US$ 34 or 2200 Rs
Regular Entry: US$ 36 or 2300 Rs
Late Entry: US$ 38 or 2400 Rs
3) Feature Film Category:
Early Bird Entry: US$ 58 or 3700 Rs
Regular Entry: US$ 60 or 3800 Rs
Late Entry: US$ 62 or 3900 R
Submitting your film:
Step 1– Prepare 1 film DVD to courier to the address provided below (DVD of the film to be in PAL or NTSC system,preferably mp 4 format with H.264 codec clearly marked with Film Title (original and English) and Running time.
Upload the film on any online platform (e.g. youtube, vimeo,google drive,dropbox,we transfer etc), protect it with password, if you want.You will be required to mention the URL and password of this upload in the entry form. Please do not forget to enable the download option for the film.
Step 2– Pay the appropriate Entry Fee. You will be required to fill up the reference details in the entry form. You can send the cheque or DD through courier along with DVD.
You can use NET BANKING/ CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD for payment.
For NET BANKING/CHEQUE/DD, details are:
Bank Name: The Saraswat co-operative Bank Ltd
Account Name: Banjara Cinema Pvt Ltd
Account No: 397100100000174
IFSC Code: SRCB0000397
Account Type & Branch: Current Acc,CBD Belapur,Navi Mumbai
For card payment,there are two gateways available: Paypal and Payumoney
Pay using PayPal (Secured Payment Gateway):- For participants not paying In Indian rupee & not using Indian credit/debit card.You can directly pay using your credit/debit card (You don’t need to create any PayPal account if you do not have one)
Step 3– Please fill up the ” FILM ENTRY FORM ”
The form can be downloaded here.
Step 4– E-mail the duly filled Film Entry Form along with 1 poster of the film in attachment to- email@example.com .In case of “Student Shorts” category, school/college ID card copy also to be attached.
Courier the duly filled Film Entry Form along with DVD and cheque/DD (poster & film synopsis has to be emailed in this case)
ADDRESS FOR COURIER:
BANJARA CINEMA PVT LTD
Flat 301,Cams Enclave CHS,Killa Gaothan,Palm Beach Road,
Near Cidco Guest House,Opposite NMMC Headquarters,Belapur,
Please write on the courier-“For selection/ cultural purpose only,no commercial value. BIFF will not pay any postal/custom fee for the courier.”
Participants can send multiple entries.
However, please submit a separate entry for each film. Once the film is shortlisted for festival screening/competition, you might be asked to send publicity material,if required.
Send them the screening copy, detailed instructions regarding screening format will be provided.
Notification of selected films will be announced on website/social media platforms as per schedule (tentative date- 20th December 2017) Filmmakers/delegates of short listed films will be invited to attend the festival.However,the festival may not arrange or reimburse for travel / stay expenses of the participants attending the festival.
For any queries BIFF can be contacted at:
Tel: +91-9892695080, +91-8850405831
For further information,check here.
About the Author