About the University
The University of North Texas (UNT) is a public research university located in Denton, Texas. As one of Texas’ largest universities, they offer 105 bachelor’s, 88 master’s and 37 doctoral degree programs within the university’s 14 colleges and schools. At UNT you’ll get a great education, surrounded by faculty and students who inspire you and help you succeed. UNT Online offers more than 80 online program options.
About the Program
The Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (B.A.A.S.) program from the University of North Texas (UNT) is designed to streamline your path to a fully accredited bachelor’s degree by making it easy to transfer course work you’ve previously completed for technical, applied, or military credit.
The B.A.A.S degree accepts and builds on these unique credits, combining them with course work in seven distinct concentrations so you can meet your individual or career goals. The degree is designed to help transfer students from community colleges and technical institutions, non-traditional students with college credit, and veterans or active-duty military personnel finish their bachelor’s degree faster. The B.A.A.S. degree does this by accepting many types of credits that other degree programs won’t accept.
The length of this program varies widely, as each student enters with a unique amount of credits. On average, students need ~45 credits to complete the B.A.A.S. program.
Because the B.A.A.S. is a multidisciplinary degree, our graduates are found in a variety of career fields. Many work in business, state and local government, non-profit agencies, or a wide range of fields directly associated with the concentrations they pursued in a community college, technical institution, or in the military. The B.A.A.S. collaborates closely with the UNT Career Center. Their services and programs will put you on track for career success.
Eligibility (For International Students)
- International students who attend and graduate from high schools overseas are not required to submit SAT/ACT test scores for admission.
- UNT Admissions does not accept Developmental or English Language classes as credit
- International Transcripts must be sent to UNT in Native Language and English. The English translation must be certified.
- UNT Admissions needs Full Marksheet (credentials/transcript), not a consolidated version.
- International Official Transcripts MUST be mailed to UNT Admissions for an admissions decision: Mailing Address: University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions 1155 Union Circle #311277 Denton, TX 76203-5017
Physical Address for Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, etc.): University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions Eagle Student Services Center Room 305 1147 Union Circle Denton, TX 76203
- International students can be admitted with an unofficial International transcript emailed to UNT Admissions. However, they must have their official transcripts in hand at UNT in order to register for classes.
- The International transfer student application on ApplyTexas.org is $85. Students are responsible for this payment.
- UNT Admissions will only accept international vocational/technical credit from a university level technical program
To enroll in this program, click the link below. The deadline to apply is July 1.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.