The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University is organizing a B4 Workshop on Bioimaging: Advanced Light Microscopy during May 13-25. Apply by March 24.
About the Workshop:
Each year, the Building Bharat-Boston Biosciences (B4) Program hosts two-week workshops twice a year in India that brings together talented Indian students and introduces them to specific and latest fields within the life sciences.
This course has been made possible through a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University; IBAB, Bangalore; and IISER, Pune. It is funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
The advent of exciting new technologies and analytical solutions in light microscopy is driving new discoveries.
The aim of this workshop is to introduce students to advancements in contemporary light microscopy through lectures and hands-on training in imaging modalities, ranging from basic microscopy to super-resolution imaging.
Students are expected to stay on-campus for the duration of the workshop. Travel and lodging costs for selected students will be covered.
Open to Indian students currently pursuing any of the following courses in Indian institutions:
- Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers in the fields of Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, currently engaged in relevant areas of research.
- Students currently enrolled in MBBS, M.Pharm, M.Sc., ME, or M.TECH programs.
- Exceptionally talented undergraduate students.
How to apply?
- Request an XID. You MUST do this in order to apply.
- Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Wait 24 hours after activating your XID, and then click here. If this link does not take you to the application of the Bioimaging workshop, search for ‘B4 BioImaging Workshop 2019.’
- Log in with your XID (you cannot use the ‘HarvardKey’ option). You are now able to begin your B4 application.
Savitha G Ananth, Program Manager,