Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, is organizing a short term course on Labour Migration In India: Perspectives for Practice during May 26-June 1, 2019. Apply by April 10.
About the University:
Azim Premji University was established as a not-for-profit, private university under the Azim Premji University Act 2010. The University has a clear social purpose of working towards a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
About the Course:
Despite migration being widespread, it remains poorly understood as a socio-historical, cultural and an economic phenomenon. There is indeed a compelling need to build a critical understanding of migration from different vantage points, locating migration at the cusp of changing nature of work, market and state interventions.
Keeping in view these realities and contradictions that surround labour migration, Azim Premji University, Bangalore, and Aajeevika Bureau, Udaipur, are offering a short course for development practitioners.
The course combines classroom discussions with simulation exercises, case-work, and group assignments under the guidance of distinguished faculty members.
The course will explore critically, and in-depth, the debates and diverse viewpoints through which migration in India is understood and represented.
The course offers an opportunity to:
- Critically analyze the dynamics of internal labour migration in India as a contemporary social and economic reality.
- Explore theoretical frameworks and empirical knowledge on labour migration.
- Examine the interface and disconnect between policy and developmental landscapes using a migrant’s lens.
This course is open to mid-career and senior professionals who are working in and on migration, urbanization, informality, agrarian transformations, labour questions and others interested in learning more about migration in India.
- Rs. 7670 (including GST).
- The course fee includes tuition, course materials, accommodation, and lunch on course days.
Click here to apply.
- The last date for submitting applications is April 10th.
- The selected candidates will be informed by April 26th, 2019.
For any questions, please write to migration.india[at]apu.edu.in.