Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the 1 year Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2022.
About the Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity for working professionals from diverse fields, who are looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change.
The Fellowship journey, as experienced by many, is a rich amalgamation of learning about the public education system in our country, contributing on the ground as well as building a career in the social sector.
During the programme, Fellows will get an immersive experience of the real India, with an in-depth learning about education, and an opportunity to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
During the 1-year programme, Fellows work at some of the most remote locations in India, exploring the nuances of public education in close association with government schools in rural India.
They spend a minimum of 120 days in the programme in a government school classroom. Fellows are placed in a school in one of our locations, where, apart from teaching they also engage with teachers, community and education functionaries.
Once the year of Fellowship comes to an end, Fellows can continue to work with us in a variety of roles at the grass root level. The Fellowship can culminate into a long-term career possibility with the Foundation.
What will you learn?
The Fellowship year provides an opportunity for the Fellows to “learn by doing” what education really means. Fellows spend their time reading and understanding ideas related to education. They discuss opinions with their peers within the Foundation, take these ideas to the ground, re-examine them during actual experiences, defend them and many a time reject long held opinions.
They experience teaching in classrooms and interacting with children, teachers and community. They also get to observe Teacher engagement forums at the Block level through participation in different kinds of workshops. All of this helps them build their understanding of not only schools and teachers but also of the society they are in.
If you are doing exceptional work in your current field and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, do read our further criteria below and apply.
- 4 to 10 years of work experience
- A degree in any discipline
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada)
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age
- Willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in
Stage I – Online Application
- Applications for the Fellowship Programme 2022 will close on 29th October 2021
- On submitting the online application form and uploading of CV (jpg/pdf/word <10 MB), you will receive an email with Login credentials and a website link to a ‘Candidate Portal’.
Stage II – Screening
- Once the application form is filled an email intimation is send to your registered email id which will ask you to fill in few more details in the candidate portal.
- After the detailed application form is received, your application will be evaluated.
- If your application is shortlisted post this evaluation, you will be invited for the written test.
- In case your application is not shortlisted at this stage, you will receive an email intimation.
Stage III – Written Test
- Post evaluation, if shortlisted, you receive an admit card (online) to appear for the written test.
- You will be scheduled for a digital test on the first or second week of November’21.
- If you are shortlisted from the digital test you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). An email asking for a SOP with a deadline will be sent to you.
- On receiving your SoP, we will schedule the first round of interview with you.
Stage IV – Presentation and Interviews
- The personal interviews will be held in the second/third week of December 2021.
- During the first-round interview, you will be required to make a 10-15 minute presentation to the interview panel on any social issue that concerns you the most. You can use Chart Paper/PPT or any other medium that you are most comfortable with to make the presentation. We will also discuss your field observation experiences.
- Candidates who clear the first round of interview will go to the final round of interview.
Stage V – Announcing of Final shortlists and Offer
- We will communicate a final shortlist of Fellows within 15 days after completion of the interview process. The result will be communicated through email.
- The offer process will take 2 weeks post announcement of the shortlist.
- On successful completion of the process, you will receive an offer letter through email and the hardcopy at the time of joining.
- Candidates selected for the Fellowship will have to revert with offer acceptance within one week of receiving the offer through return mail. They have to notify their existing employer about their Fellowship acceptance decision.
- The date of joining will be third week of March 2022.
Please provide a valid email id and contact number while applying and ensure that you keep checking your emails regularly. All communication will be over email.
Compensation and Benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs.37,000. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.
- Besides salary, Fellows are also covered under various insurances like Health, Life and Accident Insurance.
- Apart from this, Fellows are also eligible to allowances such as Relocation and Housing Deposit Assistance (as per organizational policy).
How to Apply?
Interested applicants cam apply for the Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2022 through this link.
October 29, 2021