The NVCTI, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad takes pleasure in announcing Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge-2021 (JH-SIC 2021) to inculcate an innovation culture and provide a competitive platform to the budding innovators of Jharkhand to showcase their imagination and creativity to identify challenges in their communities and to develop innovative solutions to address them.
- To cultivate young fertile brains as the innovators and entrepreneurs of the future by promoting informal learning, focusing on indigenous technological advancements to contribute positively to the economy, the environment, and society.
- To provide an opportunity for school children of all the 24 districts of Jharkhand state to identify the problems related to societal importance and offer a viable solution to uplift their immediate community’s living standard.
- To provide a platform for budding innovators to demonstrate their creativity and inventiveness at solving this problem.
- To provide an interface among young creators, academic experts, entrepreneurs, and industry.
Student teams from schools of Jharkhand are invited to identify problems and to submit innovative, novel, viable and verifiable solutions with a possibility to be commercialized, related to the broad idea of the themes as mentioned below:
- Energy harnessing
- Water and Sanitation
- Health & Well-being
School students of classes 8-12 from Jharkhand based schools are eligible to participate in the JH-SIC.
Registration of School
- Applicants need to identify a problem of their choice (related to the theme of JH-SIC 2021) and register for the event on the JH-SIC web portal using the DISE code of their school.
- Entry Fee: Per team Rs. 100 to be paid through online mode.
Idea Submission & Screening
- Submission of ideas by student teams.
- Each school can submit a maximum of two ideas, i.e. two teams, each with a different idea.
- Each team can have a maximum of 4 students.
- Ideas can be submitted online in the prescribed format (Annexure I).
- All entries will receive a confirmation message/mail on the successful submission of their idea(s).
- State Champion Team: Rs. 100000 Cash prize.
- First Runner Up Team: Rs. 75000 Cash prize.
- Second Runner Up Team: Rs. 50000 Cash prize.
- Teams with Consolation Prize: Rs. 25000 Cash prize.
- Along with the cash prizes, the top 5 teams will get a Memento and a Certificate of Merit.
- Top 5 Ideas will get full-funding support for commercializing their idea into a final product under the mentorship of NVCTI.
- A Shield and a Certificate will be provided to each school having District Champion team, the school having State Champion, and schools with Runner Up teams.
- Each team selected for Phase-2 will get an E-certificate of Participation.