Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research by Dept of Science & Technology: Submit by Oct 15
“Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR)” is an initiative that aims to disseminate Indian research stories among the masses in an easy to understand and interesting format to a common man. Under this initiative, PhD Scholars and Post-Doctoral Fellows (PDFs) in Science and Technology (S&T) streams would be encouraged to write at least one popular science article during the tenancy of their fellowship, and to participate in a national competition.
Entries would be invited from research scholars and PDFs who wish to publish their research in way that would interest non-scientific audiences. The story should focus on answering the queries objectively, such as:
- Why does my research matter?
- Why is it important?
- Why does it interest researchers?
- Why should it interest the reader?
The article must be based on the research undertaken by the individual researcher. The article could be on complete or part of the research conducted, but it should not be a general review of the area and must have the component of novel knowledge generated as part of the research.The article must aim at general audience through popular writing and should not be published elsewhere. It should be written in easy to understand language to convey the significance of the research for its outreach.
Last date of submissions is 15th October, 2019
Selection of best 100 entries of popular science stories and prizes.
- For PhD researchers: The initial screening of the entry will be done by Expert Panel. 100 entries will be selected and each will be awarded with cash prize of 10,000/- along with Certificate of Appreciation.
- For Post doc fellows: Twenty entries would be selected from articles submitted by PDFs relating to their line of research. Each will be awarded with cash prize of 10,000/- along with Certificate of Appreciation.
Selection of top three leading stories
- For PhD researchers: The top three articles/stories will be selected from the leading 100 stories. Further, they will be awarded with the cash prize of 1, 00,000/-, Rs.50, 000/- and 25,000/- respectively.
- For Post doc fellows: One outstanding article/story will be selected from the leading 25 stories. Further the same will be awarded with the cash prize of 1, 00,000/-.
For any queries, contact: 011-26590541
For any further information, visit here.
About the Author