Applications are now invited for the Facebook Augmented Reality (AR) Hackathon 2020. Facebook is passionate about bringing the world closer together by advancing artificial intelligence-connecting people to what they care about, powering new, meaningful experiences, and advancing the state-of-the-art through open research and accessible tooling.
They invite all creators to make and submit a Spark AR World Effect that helps enrich communities or supports a larger social good. Spark AR helps creators imagine, build, and share augmented reality experiences that reach the billions of people on Facebook and Instagram.
Whether you’re a beginner, using Spark AR templates and libraries to create your first effect, or an experienced pro, using customizations to build more interactive experiences — it’s time to put your imagination and creativity to the test!
- First Place: $3,000 USD; At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer and Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
- Second Place: $2,500 USD
- Third Place: $1,500 USD
Using Spark AR Studio, create a World AR effect for Instagram. World effects layer AR experiences on surfaces, objects, and people in your environment, and are viewable using the world-facing camera on your smartphone (not the self-facing camera). We can’t wait to see how you augment your world!
- Entry and participation in any Contest are open only to Individuals, Organizations, and Teams with prior internet access who at the time of entry and throughout the entire 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series have a Facebook and Devpost online account in good standing, are not under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation.
- The applying members should not be domiciled in Quebec, Canada, the Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and is not otherwise a person or located in any other country under any trade or economic sanction or on any program or country list designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, or where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits their participation or receipt a prize in any Contest.
- Individuals may enter any Contest on an Individual basis and/or by joining as part of one or more Team(s) or Organization(s). If acting as a Representative, then by entering that Individual also represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to so act.
- Quality of the Idea: Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
- Potential Strategic Impact: Includes the potential value and usefulness to real-world users.
- Implementation of the Idea: Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer, the extent to which the featured Facebook products were incorporated, and the extent to which respect for user privacy was considered or incorporated in the design.
Applicants need to submit the following while applying:
- Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Access. A way to access your working web or mobile application, chatbot, smart home devices, and your Wit.ai app ID for judging and testing.
- Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost before the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
To register online for the hackathons, click here. The last date to register is June 24, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Artificial Intelligence Hackathon 2020 by Facebook [Win Upto Rs. 5L]: Apply by June 24.
You might also be interested in BIRAC Innovation Challenge Award 2020 for Entrepreneurs & Start-Ups [Prizes Upto Rs. 50L]: Submit by June 15.