The ATAL FDP on Feature Based Product Design, Digital Manufacturing is organized by Manipal University, Jaipur from Sep 20-24, 2021.
About Manipal University
Manipal Academy of Higher Education is a private deemed university located in Manipal, India. The university also has campuses in Mangalore, Bangalore, Jamshedpur, Melaka and Dubai. As of 2021, MAHE offers more than 350 programs across 30 disciplines.
About the Programme
ATAL FDP on “Feature Based Product Design, Digital Manufacturing” to be held on 20-24 September 2021 in online mode. Feature-based product design and digital manufacturing is one of the most important domains which can reduce overall cost in its life cycle.
Feature-based methodology can provide for an adequate basis for the integration of design and the subsequent applications such as engineering analysis, process planning, machining and inspection.
Over the last few years, significant amount of research and development is in progress to implement feature-based technique for product design and development.
In the proposed ATAL-FDP, it has been planned to offer the participants, a wholistic approach for the product development such as concept design, analysis & simulation and the digital manufacturing processes that can be used to produce different features of the product.
- Understand the fundamentals of the feature-based product design, and fabrication. Generic taxonomy of product features used in the product development.
- Explain the role of modeling, analysis, and simulation in feature-based product development.
- Digital manufacturing methodology for the fabrication purpose.
- Hand-on practice on modeling, analysis, and simulation tools for the feature-based product development.
- Explain the industrial practices using use cases on feature based product development from automotive industries and component manufacturers.
- Develop and promote research interests in various aspects of the feature-based product development.
Topics to be Covered
- Introduction on feature-based product design.
- Feature based product taxonomy and product informatics.
- Product design and digital manufacturing in the context of industry 4.0
- Role of analysis and simulation in product design.
- Software available for the analysis and simulation purposes and lectures on the generic processes followed.
- Hands-on practices on product modeling (using featurebased product development), analysis, & simulation tools.
- Use case examples from Automotive industries.
- Digital manufacturing approaches for machining, joining, additive, deformation and their description.
- 3D Images to Models: Image Processing, Model Generation, 3D Printing Preparation & Analysis.
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research & PG scholars, participants from Government, Industry.
Faculty members, research & PG scholars, industrial persons working in Engineering domain.
The number of Participants is limited to 200 and will be selected on the first-come, first-served basis. The selected candidates will be intimated through e-mail only.
It will be issued to the Participants on successful completion of the FDP as per the AICTE guidelines.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the FDP through this link.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 17 September 2021
- Date of the FDP: 20-24 September 2021.
Dr. Ravi Kumar Gupta,
Manipal University Jaipur
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Dehmi Kalan, Jaipur, Rajasthan 303007
Mobile: +91 99580 63034,
Phone: +91- 0141 399 9100 Ext No: 754