Asutosh Mookerjee Fellowships by Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata [Stipend Rs. 30K/Month]: Apply by July 31
Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) has instituted 10 senior Fellowships in the name of Asutosh Mookerjee Fellowships in the Centenary year to utilize the services of the Life Members of the Association who are active in high-quality research in their specialized disciplines but have superannuated from their service.
The objective is to utilize the expertise of ISCA Members after superannuation primarily for research work in some R&D center/ university /colleges/ institute in India.
- The fellowship is open to ISCA Life Members who have superannuated and are between the age of 65 to 70 years.
- Applicant should possess a Ph.D. in science/Engineering or MD in medicine.
- The fellowship is meant for those who have a proven track record as evident from their Research publications and recognition.
Number of Fellowships:
The number of Fellowships to be selected each year shall be decided by the Executive Committee from the panel recommended by the Selection Committee, to be constituted by Executive Committee.
Usually, the number of Scientists to be selected each year will be based on the availability of vacancies and funds available with the Association. The total number of Fellowships at a time should not be more than 10.
The term of Asutosh Mookerjee Fellowships will be tenable initially for a period of three years, extendable for another two years after a review of the achievement of three year’s works.
- The fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs.30,000/- p.m. such that monthly fellowship of individual Fellow should not exceed Rs.1.5 lacs (including initial basic pension and fellowship amount). The honorarium will be Taxable at the source.
- Contingency grant will be Rs.1,00,000/- which includes the expenditure of chemicals glasswares, stationary, animal & feed, postage, part-time services of a scientific assistant/secretary for typing, travel within country only, etc.
- Nominations for the position shall be invited from the Life Members of the Association.
- The nomination papers duly completed in all respects signed, and routed through the Head of the Institution, where a scientist intends to work, should be sent to the General Secretary (Membership Affairs), so as to reach latest by July 15, 2019.
- Click here for the nomination form.
General Secretary (Membership Affairs),
Indian Science Congress Association,
14 Biresh Guha Street, Kolkata 700 017,
Phone: 033 22874530,
For further details, click here.
About the Author