About Asudev Art
ASUDEV was initially launched on the life and time of (Late) ASUDEV a pioneer artist of North- East India on 30 June 2006 at 18.00 hrs, in a get-together of noted artists, friends, students, well wishers and distinguished media person at the Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Guwahati Assam INDIA.
This would certainly be a resource material for students of Art and Art History apart from admirers of the artist.
- Date of Notification Through the Website / Advertisements / Faculty announcements / Social Media: 15 August of every year
- Date of Last submission ONLINE: 20 September
- Date of receipt of application forms by Post: 30 September
- Screening & Selection: 05-15 October
- Intimation of Results to the Award winner: 15-20 October
- Award Function in Guwahati Assam: 13 December
Gauhati Artists’ Guild Chandmari,
Guwahati – 781003
Terms and conditions
- The applicant for the ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ should be a young and emerging artist under the age of 28 years (as on 31st December in the year of application).
- The applicant for this Scholarship must be an Indian Citizen, and a domicile of Assam and currently a residing in India.
- The applicant should be admitted as a regular first year Post-Graduate/ Masters of Visual Arts, student and enrolled in a leading Indian Institute for Visual Arts accredited by the UGC and Government of India as a full time regular student Outside the State of Assam.
- A bonafide certificate on the Official stationery duly signed and sealed by the Faculty Head where the applicant is currently enrolled must be submitted in Original along with the application.
- A student enrolled in the qualifying year of Post Graduate or Master’s programme in Visual Art may also apply for the scholarship.
- The ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ will be earmarked initially for only one student every year. However in the event of non-applicant in any year, the scholarship amount will be awarded to either two boys or two girls if such a situation would arise in the subsequent year/years.
- The applicant must not be holding any other similar private or any Government scholarship or any other financial Award or aids during the same tenure of application.
- If a candidate has applied for the award earlier, he/she must submit a new body of work and re-apply in any consecutive year.
- The ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ winner shall present one of his/her Art Work (Exhibition ready) to the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’ as a souvenir for its permanent collection of the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’.
- A selection committee comprising of at least one of the Trustee members, the present Secretary & the President, Gauhati Artists’ Guild or any nominated Executive member of Gauhati Artists’ Guild and two or three eminent personalities as mutually consented by the Trustee and Gauhati Artists’ Guild shall select the award winner on a mutually decided consensus on the basis of applicant’s Academic Merit and Individual achievements. The award of scholarship shall be restricted to the above criteria. The decision of the above selection committee shall be final.
- A schedule for the application process will be announced on 15 August every year. All details for the application process will be shared through the Official website http://www.artofasudev.org.
- Applicants special need for the award and what do he/she shall propose to do with the award money. Also, if the same will be used for a project in mind, which will be supported by the award, giving details regarding the project. (Not more than 300 words).
- Applicants shall include details of any/all Gallery shows that he/she had been a part of in a solo or group shows or is scheduled to be part of.
- An applicant shall send a maximum of 10 samples (prints of 5″X7″ size) of his/her work and on a CD / DVD only. You shall also send a hard copy set (Prints) of your works as mentioned above in case the disc does not open. All submission must be verified and certified by your Department Head to be your original and unaided work. The images must only be in the JPEG format and below 5 MB size. Images in TIFF should not be submitted.
For more details on submission process, click here.
Applications must be first submitted online and the filled application along with all documents has to be sent to reach by 30 September 2018, for consideration for selection for the Scholarship.
The completed applications should be sent through registered post or courier so as to reach the address below, not later than 30 September 2018.
‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’
HOUSE NO.45 (FIRST FLOOR)
BARTHAKUR MILL ROAD
ULUBARI GUWAHATI 781 007
To apply online, click here.