An astronomy exposure camp will be held at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati from 18th to 21st February 2020. This workshop is being jointly organized by IISER Tirupati, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) – Mumbai, Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) and Public Outreach and Education Committee (POEC) of Astronomical Society of India (ASI).
This workshop will be conducted as a follow-up activity of the 38th annual meeting of Astronomical Society of India (ASI) to be held at IISER Tirupati from 14 – 17 February 2020.
The primary objective of this camp is to spread awareness about the field of astrophysics in general and Astronomy Olympiad activity in particular. The camp also aims at productive interaction of the teacher community with Olympiad activity at its focus.
The camp will consist of various exposure sessions on theory, data analysis problems as well as participatory activity sessions, which can be useful in school teaching. Tentative topics include:
- Celestial mechanics,
- Observational astronomy,
- Positional astronomy and
- Observable properties of stars.
Who can Apply?
Astronomy educators from different sectors i.e., Astronomy outreach personnel from scientific institutions, University/college / high school teachers, the staff of planetaria and science museums.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The last date to register is January 26, 2020.
- Selected candidates will be intimidated by January 30, 2020.
- The venue for the camp is Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati, C/o Sree Rama Engineering College (Transit Campus), Rami Reddy Nagar, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam (P.O.) Tirupati – 517507.
Email ID: email@example.com