About the Workshop:
On behalf of the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) and Ashoka University, India we are pleased to invite you to submit organized panels and roundtable proposals (no individual paper proposals accepted) to be presented at the fifth AAS-in-ASIA Conference to be held between the 5th and 8th of July, 2018 at the India Habitat Centre in New Delhi, India.
The Program Committee for the AAS-in-ASIA conference seeks proposals dealing with all regions of Asia on subjects covering a wide range of scholarly disciplines and professional fields under the broad theme: Asia in Motion: Geographies and Genealogies. Derived from the Greco-Roman conception of the world, the concept of Asia has a perverse genealogy as Europe’s other. Asians have thus experienced ‘Asia’ in ephemeral, uneven, and fleeting modes.
At its heart lie the limits of inherited geographical categories. Nevertheless, the concept of Asia retains great power in the political imagination. It serves as a critique of geography as a historical category and of the Asian nation-states that are today asserting themselves politically, economically, and geographically by invoking older and mythic forms of Asian culture and genealogies.
We particularly invite proposals that interrogate received ideas of Asia and conceive of new spatial and temporal imaginings, and that explore, understand, and reassert those Asias that exist beyond conventional political geographies.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission:
- The program committee will give preference to proposals that include participants from two or more countries, whether the panel focuses on a single nation or culture or focuses on some comparative dimension.
- The program discourages panel proposals from a group of scholars coming from the same institution.
- Generally speaking, panels with diverse (gender, academic rank, national origin, disciplinary approach) participation will be favored over narrowly constructed panels.
- Panels with topics that make some link to the conference theme also will be favored.
- All proposals must be submitted electronically via the proposal submission website.
- All participants are requested to register themselves for the conference.
- Registrations for the conference will start on the 15th of January 2018. The ticket categories are as follows-
|Registrant category||Applicable to citizens of the following countries||Proof required||Registration fee in $||Registration fee in INR (1$ = 65 INR)|
|Discounted rate for SAARC/LDC Scholars||Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, India, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia||Kindly carry your ID proof i.e. passport to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$118||7,670|
|Early Bird ticket – Discounted rate for SAARC/LDC Scholars||Kindly carry your ID proof i.e. passport to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$89||5,753|
|Discounted rate for SAARC/LDC Students||Kindly carry your ID proofs i.e. passport AND valid Student ID proof to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$48||3,068|
|Early Bird tickets – Discounted rate for SAARC/LDC Students||Kindly carry your ID proofs i.e. passport AND valid Student ID proof to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$36||2,301|
|The standard rate for Scholars||All other countries not specified in the above list.||No Verification Proof needed||$231||14,957|
|Early Bird ticket – Standard rate for Scholar||No Verification Proof needed||$207||13,423|
|Standard rate – Student||Kindly carry your valid Student ID proof to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$142||9,204|
|Early Bird ticket – Standard rate for Students||Kindly carry your valid Student ID proof to the conference venue for registration purposes.||$107||6,903|
* Registrants – Please note that the prices are inclusive of snacks on 5th July, 2 teas/coffees and lunches on 6th and 7th July at the Conference Venue
For further details, please visit the link given here
About the Author