Experienced candidates are invited to apply for the post of Assistant Vice President to work at the Office of Institutional Advancement, IIT Madras.
About IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) is a public technical and research university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), it is recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
IIT Madras is ranked the top engineering institute in India by the Ministry of Education’s National Institutional Ranking Framework since its inception in 2016.
This role’s expectation would be to contribute effectively to the office of institutional advancement in reaching the set goals. In the process of routine work, the chosen candidate would be interacting closely with Corporates, Foundations, and Trusts and raise funds for IIT Madras’s causes. The role would be supported by the office team based out of IIT M, and play an enabling role to achieve the fund raising goals.
- Identify corporates with substantial CSR spends and engage them to fund education, research, support innovation, and create infrastructure in IIT Madras
- To keep up to date on all notifications from various government ministries especially the Ministry Of Corporate Affairs that are relevant to CSR
Identify and engage with large Trusts and Foundations and enable them to fund scientific and educational initiatives in IIT Madras.
- Work with large corporates on funding -Various infrastructures like labs, buildings, etc. with naming rights benefit.
- Enable meetings with CSR corporates for the senior management team from IIT Madras
- Maintain a database of socially relevant projects (SRP) at IIT Madras by networking with IIT Madras faculty and other staff and eliciting SRP proposals from them.
- Organize and conduct CSR-themed networking events like seminars, conferences, or workshops for IITM Faculty, potential donors, and existing donors.
- Educational Qualification:
- Graduate (Engineering preferred). MBA (sales & marketing) desirable.
- A total of 12+ years of experience in managing client-facing roles. Experience of about 5 years in fundraising would be desirable. The role involves developing active engagement with senior corporate officials and would need excellent communication and networking capabilities. Also, the candidate should be proficient in using CRM software like Salesforce.
Rs. 27L to 30L PA (Depending on the experience of the specific candidate)
How to Apply?
- Candidates can send their CV at hr[at]ia.iitm.ac.in
- Candidates can apply register and apply online through this link. Please check the advertisement number Advt. 152/2021 displayed and submit the application for the relevant position.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only.
- The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
- The application cannot be edited, reverted once it is submitted.
- Candidates should not attempt to apply twice for the same post. If multiple applications are received from a candidate for the same post, his/her candidature will liable to be rejected.
- Candidates should follow the prescribed procedure for the submission of online applications.
- After successful online submission of the application, a printout of the application form must be obtained and submitted when called for a test. It will be required at the time of document verification/test/interview. A hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the Institute.
June 25, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be intersted in:
- Research Assistant (Under DRDO Funded Project) at COE, Pune: Apply by June 25
- JRF (Civil Engineering) Under DST Funded Project at NIT Warangal: Apply by June 30