The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Hyderabad invites applications for the posts of Assistant Professor on a contract basis, initially for a period of one year and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campus at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad.
One Assistant Professor is required each in The School of Public Policy and Governance and The Azim Premji School of Education.
The candidate should possess a:
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) Political Science/ Public Policy/ Education/ any Social Science discipline from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/ SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Qualification of Ph.D. in Political Science/ Public Policy with a focus on Indian State, Institutions, Regulation, Welfare Regimes, Law and Governance, and other similar areas of research.
- Candidates should be familiar with handling large data sets (NSSO, Census, NFHS, etc.) and their use to understand the policy dynamics in India.
- Having a willingness to work in a team and explore new and emerging research.
Consolidated salary of Rs. 71952/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by the funder.
How to Apply?
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line.
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs.250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form.
- To apply online, click here.
- No TA/ DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
- The last date to apply is August 5, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below