IIT Roorkee invites applications from Indian Nationals (foreign nationals can be appointed on contract for five years) with an outstanding track record for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor. The reservation policy of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India regarding SC (15%), ST (7.5%), OBC (27%), EWS (10%) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) (4%) will be applicable.
- Assistant Professor Grade-I
- Assistant Professor Grade-II
For Assistant Professor Grade-I:
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
For Assistant Professor Grade-II:
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Candidates not having the 3 years of industrial/research/teaching experience will be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor Grade-I and will be placed on the regular scale of Assistant Professor Grade-I without appearing again before the Selection Committee, on completion of 3 years of the experience requirement.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500-1,67,400)
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs.57,700-98,200)
An additional fellowship of Rs. 30,000/- per month for a period of 3 years for the new faculty members joining the institute as Assistant Professors.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The candidates should ensure that all the relevant information and documents have been uploaded, before finalizing the applications.
- After finalization and submission of the application, the candidate should take a printout and keep for his/her record.
- No hard copy of the application needs to be submitted. The candidates called for interview should bring all the relevant documents in original, for verification.
- The candidates called for presentation/ interview will be reimbursed travel expenses Second Class AC train fare/ Air fare (Economy Class by Air India) from the place of their residence in India to Roorkee and back by the shortest route.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Faculty Positions at IIT Bhilai [Multiple Vacancies]: Applications Open.