The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), an Institute of National Importance, invites applications from Indian Nationals from the reserved categories who are exceptionally bright and highly motivated with an established record of high-quality research and development and have strong commitments to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor (Grade I & Grade II) in its various scientific divisions to be posted in headquarters and other centers/ branches/ outlying units of the Institute.
- Applied Statistics Division
- Computer and Communication Sciences Division
- Social Sciences Division
- Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division
- Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division
- Ph.D. in the appropriate branch; a first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree with a very good academic record throughout.
- Should have at least 3 years (relaxable in exceptional cases) of post-Ph.D. research/ teaching/ industrial experience.
- For candidates with less than 3 years, of post-Ph.D. experience may be offered contractual Assistant Professor Grade-II position if selected.
In addition to the pay package, the Institute offers several incentives for the professional and personal development of the new faculty members. These include:
- (For Assistant Professors only): Start-up research grants of up to Rs. 15 Lakhs may be provided in the first year after joining upon submission of a suitable proposal; higher start-up grants may be considered favorably for those proposals which require expensive research equipment.
- Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) as per extant Govt. norms (which presently is Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block period of 3 years).
- Several well-established mechanisms for interaction with the industry, and other professional bodies, for research projects as well as for consultancy.
- Accommodation in campus housing based on availability.
- Attractive medical facilities and medical insurance schemes.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses as per GoI norms.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter referring to the advertisement No. and its date, on the writable PDF
form. The following documents are required (in PDF format) along with the application form:
- Filled in Form available at the end of this advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
- Proposed research plan
- Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Caste and/ or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
- Reprints of up to 5 important publications.
The filled-in application form should be sent to email@example.com. The last date to apply is July 12, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Faculty Positions at Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune [10 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 7.