IIT (BHU) Varanasi invites online applications from well qualified and meritorious Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor in its various Science & Engineering Departments and Interdisciplinary Schools.
Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals can also apply for faculty positions for contractual appointments up to five years, which can be renewed further.
- Architecture, Planning & Design,
- Ceramic Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering & Technology,
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Science & Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Electronics Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Metallurgical Engineering,
- Mining Engineering,
- Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Assistant Professor Grade-I
- Assistant Professor Grade-II
For Assistant Professor Grade-I
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of teaching/research/industrial experience from the date of award of Ph.D. (excluding the experience gained while pursuing a Ph.D. or any other lower degrees) as on the date of application.
The experience should be in a reputed organization. The candidates should have demonstrated strong research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals of good impact factor and/or patents.
For Assistant Professor Grade-II
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. The candidates should have demonstrated strong research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals of good impact factor and/or patents. Such candidates may be appointed on contract.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.101500-167400). For direct recruits, minimum pay in Academic Pay Level-12 is to be fixed at Cell No.1 Rs.101500/-. On completion of 3 years of service as Assistant Professor Grade-I, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level 13A1 (Rs.131400-204700) as per the Institute norms.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs.57700-98200). The minimum starting pay is to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.8 Rs. 70900.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Candidates called for presentation as well as the interview will be paid second AC railway fare from the nearest Railway station of the place of duty or residence to Varanasi for an overnight journey.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Guest Faculty at Delhi University [28 Vacancies]: Apply by May 15.