Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the undermentioned posts. All posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to the posts and services mentioned below. Provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in Bengali including the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali for recruitment to the following posts, shall not be applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali. This will be tested at the time of interview.
- The minimum requirements of a good academic record, 55% marks or an equivalent grade (Grade “B” B=Good: Grade Point 3.50 – 4.49; percentage equivalent: 55-64) in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s level and qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (NET), or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test – SLET / SET), shall remain for the appointment of Assistant Professor.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
- Provided however that the candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only. In addition to that, the candidates will be charged as follows:
- For online payment through debit/credit cards: Convenience fee 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on convenience fee.
- For online payment through net banking: Convenience fee of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on convenience fee.
- For offline payment through bank counter: Service Charge of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only.
- C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
How to Apply:
- Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website at
- Filling up of online application will be commencing from: The 21st August, 2017.
- Closing date for receipt online application: The 11th September, 2017.
- Last date of fees payment: The 11th September, 2017.