JOB POST: Assistant Professor at University of Madras [4 Vacancies]: Apply by Sep 12
The University of Madras is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India. The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India. It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city: Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet. It offers more than 230 courses under 87 academic departments grouped under 19 schools, covering diverse areas such as sciences, social sciences, humanities, management and medicine along with 109 affiliated colleges and 52 approved research institutions.
Applications are invited for Faculty Positions at the Assistant Professor Level purely on a full-time temporary basis for a period of 120 days and extendable for a further period of 120 days, in the Institute of Distance Education for disciplines mentioned below:
- Mathematics: 01
- Psychology: 01
- English: 01
- History: 01
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
Nature of Appointment
The appointment is purely temporary for one semester (120 days) or until the appointment of permanent faculty whichever is earlier.
Rs 30,000/- per month
How to Apply
The interested candidates can fill the application form available here and send the same form along with all necessary documents given in the list should be submitted on or before 12-09-2019 to The Registrar, University of Madras, Chennai 600 005.
- Date of issue of Advertisement: Aug 26, 2019
- Last Date for Receiving Applications: Sep 12, 2019
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Interview: Sep 13, 2019
- Tentative Interview Dates: Sep 16, 2019
For further details, click here.
About the Author