Established in 1882 as University of Punjab at Lahore (now in Pakistan), Panjab University has been Accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four point scale at A Grade valid for a period of 5 years from 25/06/2015. It is the first among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the position of Assistant Professor in various subjects in the PU Departments/Institutes.
Number of Posts
Name of Institutes/Departments
- Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Bio-Chemistry (1)
- Bio-Physics (2)
- Botany (1)
- Chemistry (2)
- Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology (1)
- Environment Studies (1)
- Geology (1)
- Laws (1)
- Physics (1) (SC)
- Sanskrit (1)
- School of Communication Studies (1)
- School of Punjabi Studies (1) (SC)
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology (3) (PwD-1, SC-1) (Electrical & Electronics Engg.-1 (PwD), Mech. Engg.-1 (SC) and Information Technology-1)
- University Institute of Legal Studies (1) (SC)
- University Institute of Hotel & Tourism Management (2)
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (3)
- Zoology (1)
The candidates must have their Master’s degree in the subject they are applying for. They must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
For detailed eligibility guidelines, click here.
Rs. 15600-39100 + AGP of Rs. 6000.
How to Apply
The application form must be submitted along with the prescribed fee.
A fee pay-in-slip (University’s copy) for Rs. 375 ( Rs. 150 for SC/ST and Rs. 185 for Physically Handicapped) to be deposited in Account No. 33417855484 of Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at all Branches of State Bank of India.
July 29, 2019
The application should reach the office of Deputy Registrar (Estt.), Panjab University, Chandigarh upto 4:00 p.m.
For more information, click here.