Fourth Industry Revolution and Indonesia
Provide research assistant support Asian Development Bank’s study on the impact of disruptive technologies on Indonesia. This will include literature review, research capacity building, data compilation and analysis, and any other task as required for a period of 26 weeks.
Asian Development Bank provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors but without stipend.
- Conduct a systematic review of literature on disruptive technologies and economic development, and present the findings in an accessible report for a policy-oriented audience.
- Compile Indonesia’s trade data and examine the impact of disruptive technologies on Indonesia’s global value chain.
- Provide support in organizing research workshops and presentations.
- Help review and edit analysis and reports produced by consultants.
- Draft short policy briefs and presentations on the research topic, as required.
- Using available digital tools, set up an efficient system for the management of the research work (data, analysis, literature, consultants, etc).
- Provide administrative support for the research project, which includes drafting terms of reference, consultant recruitment, progress update reports, etc.
- Undertake any other task to support the research project as required and assigned.
- Be enrolled in a Master or Ph.D. level in economics, engineering, finance or related field at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Have knowledge of and interest in industry 4.0/disruptive technologies.
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
- Have relevant professional and/or research experience
- Knowledge of natural resources management and social development issues
- Excellent research writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to interact with ADB staff/others to deliver expected results
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or Ph.D. program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS Word or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
4. Write essays on the following
(a) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(b) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
February 4, 2018
Headquarters: 6 ADB Avenue,
Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ph no.- +63 2 6324444