ASEF’s Open Call for Young Reporters 2017: Travel to 7 Countries [Fully Funded]: Apply by April 30
Be our ASEFEdu Young Reporter 2017, and join us on our journey through 7 countries, telling the stories that matter.
Are you an aspiring young reporter with a desire to travel across Asia and Europe practising your craft and providing important coverage of education projects?
Whether you’re a student with a passion for writing, a documentary filmmaker, a blogger, a social media mover or just someone who thinks this opportunity is for you, we want to hear from you.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is seeking reporters aged between 18 and 30 years from ASEM partner countries to cover its 2017 calendar of projects on the theme of Access to Education and Employment.
Applicants must be:
- Aspiring young reporters with demonstrable skills and desire*
- Aged between 18-30 years
- A citizen of one of the ASEM partner countries (India is a partner country)
- Able to demonstrate an excellent command of English (oral and written)
*This opportunity is for people who are not employed as full-time journalists.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to apply your trade and gain exposure to the rich diversity of people, places and stories across Asia and Europe.
Whether you are itching to shadow people with disabilities in New Zealand, report on the venture of a young entrepreneur in Korea, celebrate the dedication of a school teacher in Finland, or interview ASEM Foreign Ministers in Myanmar, the ASEF Education Department can give you the opportunity.
The selected ASEFEdu Young Reporter(s) will cover up to 6 projects that span the two regions:
- 13th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 2 days, June 2017, Switzerland
- 21st ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU21), 2 weeks, August 2017, Australia and New Zealand
- 6th ASEF Rectors’ Conference & Students’ Forum (ARC6), 5 days, October 2017, Singapore
- 8th Model ASEM, in conjunction the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM13), 7 days, November 2017, Myanmar
- 14th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 5 days, November – December 2017, Helsinki, Finland
- 2nd ASEF Young Leaders’ Summit (ASEFYLS2), in conjunction with an ASEM Ministerial Meeting, 5 days, Quarter 3 or Quarter 4, 2017, Seoul, Korea
We want the ASEFEdu Young Reporters to be creative and trust their instincts as they explore the themes of the projects, capture the atmosphere of the on-site events, and tell the stories of the individuals involved.
The stories told by the ASEFEdu Young Reporters will shine a light on the richness, diversity and vibrancy of Asia and Europe.
ASEF will cover travel costs to the project venues (i.e. flight, visas and insurance), as well as local travel costs, accommodation and meals for the actual project dates. Your remuneration is a great reporting experience.
For more information about the ASEFEdu Young Reporter 2017, please click here.
To apply, please complete this application form before Sunday 30 April 2017, GMT 23:59.
Full details are here.
More details are here.
About the Author
I am the Head of Department for this site. I am strict, but love my students. I believe in working hard, but I miss my college days, so secretly, I want the students to have fun. I want to bring EVERY educational opportunity out there, here. On this site. So that you can grow your careers. Yours truly, HOD.