Applications are invited for Ashoka Young Changemakers Programme 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
Nominations are open year-round for Ashoka Young Changemakers in the countries mentioned below. By completing the nomination form, you are expressing interest to be considered for the upcoming selection panels in that country.
The Ashoka Young Changemakers program launched in the US in 2018, and is currently available in US, Brazil, Bangladesh, India, and Indonesia.
About Ashoka Young Changemakers
Ashoka Young Changemakers is a global network of powerful young people who are creating an Everyone A Changemaker world. Each young changemaker elected have launched social initiatives, formed peer-led teams, and created solutions for the good of all while activating others to join in. Now, they are stepping up to shape a global conversation in redefining what it means to be a young person growing up in today’s world.
- You can apply to AYC only in the country that you are a resident of. Currently, Ashoka Young Changemakers is a program in the United States, Nigeria, Brazil, India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia. If you do not live in these countries, please write to your Ashoka country office for youth-related opportunities in your country.
- You are under 20 years of age
- You are a Changemaker
- Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
- Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
- Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
- You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
Stage 1: Online Nomination & Screening
Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
Stage 2: National Review
Interact with the Ashoka team in your country. Learn more about the co-leadership opportunities for you to contribute and useful insights to help you accelerate the growth of your leadership and changemaking competencies.
Stage 3: International Review
Interact with a Senior Leader from the Ashoka team and with young changemakers from our global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your changemaking journey.
Stage 4: Selection Panel
Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement.
You may also be interested in: