About 2020 DUO-India Fellowship Programme (Students)
DUO-India Fellowship Programme is established in 2019 with the aim of promoting exchange of people between India and European countries on a balanced and permanent basis. For this program, only such institutes which are part of the Joint Research Projects under Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) are eligible to participate.
DUO-India aims to fund every year, 100 student-pairs for exchanges for one semester, starting from 2020 onwards aiming to provide mobility between Indian and European institutes. In this respect, DUO-India requires that a pair of students be exchanged, and they should be from any of the collaborating institutes (both Indian and European) under SPARC projects.
The list of such institutes (both Indian & European) can be seen here. As of now, 14 European countries namely Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK are part of SPARC programme.
- Students: undergraduate, master, doctoral and post-doctorate students who are currently enrolled in institutes (leave of absence is allowed).
N.B.: All applicants shall maintain their “enrollment status” at the time of application until the time they are engaged in exchanges.
- Due to the unique nature of this programme, in order to be eligible, the following are required:
The exchange fulfills all the three requirements below:
1. The Indian institute (Home institute) will select an Indian national student enrolled at the Home institute to send to the European institute (Host institute), and such selection has been accepted by the Host institute;
2. The same Host institute will select an EU citizen student enrolled at the Host institute to be sent to the Home institute, and such selection has been accepted by the Home institute.
3. If any of the students are in exchange programmes in the fall of 2019, then they are disqualified.
1) Filling out an Online Application Form only.
2) A copy of Passport of paired applicants (a copy of document showing nationality for Indians or citizen card for Europeans are acceptable).
3) A copy of Transcript of paired applicants (including the grades until spring semester 2019, if available)
4) A Motivation Letter of paired applicants (the form can be downloaded from the ASEM-DUO website here.
1) Eligibility: master and doctoral students preferred, but undergraduate student or post-doctorate can be considered in case of exceptional merit.
2) Subject Groups: Sciences, Technology and Social Sciences
3) Institutes: Students from such Indian institutes which are part of joint research projects under SPARC with European institutes will get the first priority. The European students shall be from such European institutes which are already in association with the Indian institute under the SPARC project.
4) Fellowship Amount: The fellowship covers the travel and living expenses for the students @ 4 months.
The application period is extended to September 15, 2019. Applications submitted after September 15, 2019 will not be accepted.
Phone : +82-2-720-6712~3
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address : Gwanghwamun KPO Box 603, Seoul, Korea, 03187
For full details, visit the official website by clicking here.