India has been the dialogue partner for ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) since 1992. In 2012, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary as a dialogue partner, India-ASEAN celebrated commemorative Summit and declared enhancement of its relations to the strategic level.
India S&T Collaboration started formally in 1996 with the establishment of the ASEAN India S&T working Group (AIWGST). Initially, the collaborative ASEAN-India S&T activities were supported through the ASEAN India Fund (AIF). In 2008, the Government of India established a dedicated fund viz ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF) to support R&D projects and associated project development activities.
The total budget of AISTDF is an equivalent amount of 5 Million USD in INR. This amount of 5 Million USD is jointly shared by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Department of Science & Technology (DST). The Department of Science & Technology is the nodal Department for the execution and implementation of the ASEAN-India S&T Cooperation program from the Indian side
Number of Fellowships
Initially to start with 50 (fifty) Fellowships per year shall be awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN-Member Countries to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions. These Fellowships shall be equally distributed among ASEAN Member Country. Initially, 5 Fellowship shall be allocated for each ASEAN country. However, this number could be re-adjusted in accordance with the number of applicants from respective each ASEAN MS.
The duration of the Fellowship will be for a period of two to six months. A minor variation in the duration would be allowed on recommendations of the Indian host Institute/ University depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the Fellowship holder and the Indian host institution.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals, and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology, and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
- The applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at least a Masters’s Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working/studying and/or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on the date of submission of application.
- Applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship(RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Fluency in the English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India during the last 5 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Interested candidates can apply online, click here.
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile, which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Some of the details of the proposal like Project Title, Project summary, Keywords, Objectives of project, Expected output and outcome of the proposal, etc have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
The last date to apply is June 30, 2019.
Email ID: email@example.com