Applications are invited for the Aruna Lal Scholarship by Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad.
About the Scholarship
Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 situation and in view of the safety of students, this year all the activities of NSD will be conducted in ONLINE mode. National Science Day will be celebrated by Physical Research Laboratory on Sunday, 28th February 2021.
On this occasion, Aruna Lal Scholarships will be awarded to meritorious students selected based on an ONLINE screening test, followed by competitive events and personal interview via ONLINE mode. The Aruna Lal scholarship has been instituted by Late Prof. Devendra Lal, former Director of Physical Research Laboratory.
Application and Eligibility
Principals of higher secondary schools of Gujarat are requested to nominate students of 11th standard (Science stream). Register the school using the School Registration menu and subsequently nominate your student(s). The schools having multiple mediums (English/ Gujarati/ Hindi) can register each medium separately. Each medium can nominate a maximum of five students.
An ONLINE screening test will be conducted on Saturday, 16th January 2021. The screening test will be held ONLY in ONLINE mode. The school must comply the terms and conditions of the ONLINE exam for their students.
Top 100 students in the merit list of the screening test will be selected for the subsequent round of competitive events to be via ONLINE mode, on Sunday, 28th February 2021.
Information for Online Screening Exam
- The screening exam will be held on Saturday, 16th January 2021. The time of exam will be informed to the registered students in due course. The exam will be of one hour duration.
- The school principal must provide valid email address and mobile no. of the student while registering their student details. This email address will be used as login ID for the Online exam. Password for the online exam will be intimated on this email address only.
- The question paper will contain multiple-choice questions mostly covering the 11th standard Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology) syllabus. The aim of the screening test is to check the scientific aptitude of a students and hence the test will be common for ‘A’ group, ‘B’ group and ‘AB’ group students. For further information please follow the Model Question Paper.
- A right answer will be given “+3” marks, a wrong answer will be given “-1” mark, and no marks will be given to an un-attempted question.
- If needed, few selected students of the online exam may be invited for a second short online examination, details of which shall be communicated to them in due course. A final shortlist of students shall be prepared based on this second examination for the scholarship interviews. The interviews will be conducted in ONLINE mode.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
|Last date for nomination for the screening test||Tuesday, 5th January 2021 05:00:00 PM|
|Online Mock Test||Saturday, 9th January 2021|
|Screening Test||Saturday, 16th January 2021|
|National Science Day activities at PRL||Sunday, 28th February 2021|
Convener, National Science Day,
Physical Research Laboratory,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380 009
Tel: 079 – 2631 4061/4869/4863
For more details, click the link below.