Embracing Our Differences invites to participate in creating a society where diversity is embraced and individuality is celebrated.
About the Exhibit
Featuring 50 billboard-size images measuring 16 feet (5m) wide by 12.5 feet (4min) high, each work of art is created by local, national and international artists reflecting their interpretation of our theme.
The 2022 exhibit will be on display from January 15 through April 10, 2022, at Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota, Florida. Since 2004, the exhibit has hosted over 3.55 million visitors, in addition to 436,000 students via our education programs, for a very unique opportunity to experience the importance of diversity and inclusion in our lives. Become a part of this change by submitting your original art to Embracing Our Differences and its annual international outdoor juried art exhibit.
Enriching lives through diversity and inclusion
Tips to Prepare
Final selections will be chosen based on artistic excellence and originality in the reflection of our theme, “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” This may include, by way of suggestion only, any one or more of the following: appearance; racial differences; physical or mental impairment; language, religious or cultural differences; socioeconomic status; sexual orientation or identity; gender identity, positive attitude; inclusiveness; acceptance; taunting, bullying, and confrontation; human rights and equality; understanding and kindness; empowerment; Holocaust awareness or any other topic which you believe furthers our theme of “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” Do not feel limited by these suggestions. Strongly encourage new and fresh interpretations of our theme.
A total of $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards – $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult;” “Best-in-Show Student;” and “People’s Choice.” The “People’s Choice” award will be determined by visitors to the exhibit.
Who can Participate?
- Artists, professionals, amateurs, students – everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged. There is no submission or entry fee and there is no limit on the number of submissions.
- There is no restriction on entering art that has been submitted to previous competitions.
- You may not submit art or quotations to the annual competitions through this website or any related website unless you are 13 years old or over.
All submissions must be an original concept and execution and not a copy or reproduction of the work of another. Final selections for inclusion in the exhibit will be made by a five-judge panel of professional artists, curators, and art professionals based on artistic excellence and originality in reflection of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” 50 submissions will be selected for inclusion in the exhibit. Judges will also consider:
- How will the art read when enlarged to billboard size (16ft [4.9m] wide by 12.5ft [3.8m] high) and displayed outdoors?
- Is the theme clear and easily understood?
- Does the art explore the theme in an unusual or previously unexplored manner?
- Will the art and its message prompt a discussion?
How to Submit?
Interested candidates can submit their work through this link.
More such opportunities you might be interested in: