The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Uttarakhand invites applications for the post of short-term Web Developer at the institute.
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand. The institute in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Atmospheric Sciences. It is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, the institute is situated at Manora Peak (1,951 m (6,401 ft)), about 9 km from Nainital, a popular hill station.
The selected Web Developer will mainly be responsible for:
- Updating and maintaining ARIES website on a daily basis.
- Responsible for detecting and fixing bugs in the institute website.
- Understanding the requirements and creating nodes/block contents accordingly.
- To develop custom themes/modules as per the requirement.
- Designing banners/templates/logo/advertisements or other interactive elements.
- Adding features and enhancements in the web pages to ensure an appealing, functional, and intuitive implementation.
- Research and install modules to meet project requirements
- Managing concurrency and security in the website.
- Contributing to the Intranet/e-Admin web page and forms creation.
BA/ B.Sc./ BCA/ Engineering Diploma or higher. Minimum one (01) or two (02) years of hands-on experience in the Drupal-based web Content Management System (CMS). The candidate must have handled/sound knowledge of the following:
- Proficient in Drupal 8, including custom module development, key contributed modules, and core API
- Handled the maintenance and administration of Drupal websites.
- Knowledge of PHP, theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layers.
- Expertise with Theme, Webform, Composer, Drush (Drupal command-line tool), and Twig.
- Able to customize and tweak forms, core, themes without altering core files but by using template or custom modules.
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into the existing systems.
- Familiarity with the databases like MySQL, MSSQL, PostGRE, etc.
- Experience of handling Web pages both in English and Hindi formats
Initially for the period of One (01) years with scope of extension depending upon the performance and requirement.
Rs. 20,000 + HRA as per the Central Government norms applicable for Nainital.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 31, 2021.
The screened candidates will be called for an online Interview in which they will be screened for communication, interpersonal, and work-related technical skills. The selected candidate will have to join latest by 01 March 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.