The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Uttarakhand invites applications for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship programs (Regular Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship).
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand. The institute in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Atmospheric Sciences. It is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, the institute is situated at Manora Peak (1,951 m (6,401 ft)), about 9 km from Nainital, a popular hill station.
The astronomical observatory is open to the public during working days in the afternoons. For night viewing, however, three-four days on moonlight nights are fixed and prior permission is needed.
The fellowship details are given below.
1. Regular Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Ph.D. degree holders, from a duly recognized (UGC) Indian or Foreign University/ Institute, in disciplines of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering with a proven interest in the field of Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Science.
- Not more than 35 years on the last date of submission of application.
The emoluments are:
- Fellowship Rs 47,000/- per month for a fresh Ph.D.
- Fellowship Rs 49,000/-per month for a Ph.D. with 1-2 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Fellowship Rs 54,000/- per month for a Ph.D. with more than 2 years of post-doctoral experience.
Hostel accommodation is provided to single PDFs if available. In the case of married PDFs accommodation may be provided if available. If the candidate is staying outside the ARIES campus, HRA is provided as per Central Government norms applicable for Nainital. A book grant of Rs 5,000/- per year. and an international travel grant of Rs 1,50,000/-(Rupees One Lakh and Fifty Thousand only) will be provided to the fellow in their entire tenure.
Initially for 1 year, renewable for a maximum of two more years after successfully clearing the review each year.
2. Post-Doctoral Researcher
Candidates who have submitted a Ph.D. thesis and awaiting the award of the degree in Physical / Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/ Institute. The duration of the fellowship is only for a maximum of one year. Candidates should preferably be below the age of 35 years. The fellowship amount is Rs 42,000/- per month. Medical facilities will be provided as per the institute’s policy for its employees. Hostel accommodation is provided if available. If the candidate is staying outside the ARIES campus, HRA is provided as per Central Government norms applicable for Nainital.
3. Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Applications are invited for two positions of “Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship (APDF)”. Candidates with outstanding academic records are encouraged to apply. Applications are received throughout the year and selection will be made three times in a year.
- Ph.D. degree holders, from a duly recognized (UGC) Indian or Foreign University/Institute, in disciplines of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering with a proven interest in the field of Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Science.
- Should not be more than 32 years on the last date of submission of application.
- Indian citizens including people with NRI/PIO status as well as foreign nationals can apply.
Rs. 75000/- per month consolidated. (Applicable taxes as per Govt. of India norms). Furnished Accommodation will be provided on the campus on a nominal charge basis. Candidates will be provided economy class airfare to join the position. Foreign nationals/ NRIs will also be provided to return airfare. Additionally, a travel grant of Rs. 2.0 lakhs (for the complete tenure) are available for national/ international conferences.
Initially for two years, extendable to one more year after successful review.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-5942-270700
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Sept 30.