About the Competition
Applications are open for the APAC HPC-AI Competition 2020. The APAC HPC-AI Competition encourages international teams in the APAC region to showcase their HPC and AI expertise in a friendly yet spirited competition that builds critical skills, professional relationships, competitive spirits and lifelong comraderies.
Co-organized by the HPC-AI Advisory Council and the Singapore National Supercomputing Center, the 2020 APAC HPC-AI Competition will run from May 20, 2020 through October 15, 2020.
The mission of the HPC-AI Advisory Council is to provide the latest technological information, to help bridge the gap between HPC and AI uses and potential, and to demonstrate the beneficial capabilities of HPC and AI to new users for better research, education, innovation, product manufacturing, and help enable scientific and medical breakthroughs.
As part of this year’s competition, the HPC-AI Advisory Council and the National Supercomputing Centre (NSCC) Singapore have joined the global fight against COVID-19 and have expanded the competition to address education and applied learning towards accelerating bioscience research and discovery. Student teams will be tasked to research, find and choose an HPC or AI application that can potentially be used to aid researchers design new drugs and vaccines to combat COVID-19 and better prepare them to provide solutions to future global issues.
Open to university and technical institute teams from across the entire APAC region, includes both creating missions and addressing challenges around AI development and testing, and high-performance computing workloads.
- First Place (one team): $5,000 (USD) and a reserved spot representing APAC at the 2021 International ISC Student Cluster Competition
- Second Place (one team): $3,000 (USD)
- Third Place (one team): $1,500 (USD)
- Merit Prize (up to three teams): $1,000 (USD)
- Each team member will receive a certificate.
- There is no limit on the number of students per team.
- Students can be undergraduate or graduate.
- The HPC-AI Advisory Council will determine the participating teams according to their submission details.
- The HPC-AI Advisory Council is not liable for any costs and expenses incurred by the participants in the preparation or presentation of the project.
- The HPC-AI Advisory Council may disqualify teams based on failure to complete the competition’s tasks, or other reasons.
- The HPC-AI Advisory Council will determine the winning teams based on their achievements, presentations and other factors
- Participants shall submit their source code and other required documents in accordance with the submission deadline.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
For more details, click here.