Millennium Oceans is inviting applications for its Annual Millennium Oceans Prize 2021.
The Millennium Oceans Prize is returning for its seventh year to support and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize targets Sustainable Development Goal 14 by celebrating youth activists who are focused on enriching their communities through advancing marine and freshwater conservation and sustainable use of marine resources.
Young leaders who have demonstrated the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year. Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire. Currently we are accepting proposals for Campaigns in the categories of Oceans.
- Up to $5,000 (₹3.75L) to implement your winning campaign
- Mentorship and support from MCN
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14
- Write for our media partners about your campaign
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
- March 15, 2021: 7th Annual Millennium Ocean Prize Opens
- April 20 – 11:59 pm EST: Priority Deadline – Early applications strongly encouraged.
- May 15 – 11:59 pm EST: Application Deadline
- June-July 2021: Top 10 finalists will be invited for an interview
- August 12th: 7th Annual Millennium Oceans Prize winner announced on International Youth Day
- August-May 2021: Campaign is in action
- Summer/Fall 2022: Campaign results shared
How to Apply?
To apply for this role, click here.
For further information, click on the link below