The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ranchi is organizing the 22nd Annual Convention of the Strategic Management Forum from December 21 to 23, 2020.
Strategic Management Forum is an association of strategic management professionals from industry, academic, and public administration fields, to propagate the concept and practice of strategic management in the country.
The overarching theme of the conference is “Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship: A reflection on the last three decades and the way forward”. This event is being organized in collaboration with the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad.
- The Evolution of Strategic Management Thought in Emerging Markets: This sub-theme welcomes submissions on the evolution of strategic management thought, especially in emerging markets.
- Strategic Management Process (Its evolution and way forward): The track focuses on how strategies are formed, implemented, and changed, across group, functional, business, corporate, and network levels of analysis.
- Corporate Strategy (A Journey of three decades and way forward): Submissions are invited that develop theory and evidence regarding how firms grow through leveraging existing strategies or developing new ones to address old and new challenges.
- Competitive and Cooperative Strategy (Past, Present, and Future): This sub-theme focuses on questions concerning the present and future of competitive and cooperative strategy. It focuses on a broad set of questions regarding competitive and cooperative strategies in regions around the world.
- The emergence of Strategy as Practice: The thematic scope of this sub-theme encompasses all aspects
relevant to the practice of strategy in real business environments, regardless of whether in the sensemaking, formation, or execution stages.
- Entrepreneurship (Past, Present, and Future): Entrepreneurs have been responsible for some of the biggest disruptions to mature industries dominated by corporations: Oyo has challenged the hotel industry, Ola has upended the taxi industry, and the big car manufacturers have been pushed to innovate by Tesla and Google.
Call for Papers
The forum invites full papers (max 8000 words) and extended abstracts (max 2000 words) for presentations during the meeting from both strategic management and entrepreneurship disciplines centered around, but not limited to the above conference theme.
Doctoral students and faculty members are also encouraged to submit a case study (max 6000 words) and case study proposals (max 2000 words) for the case writing and teaching track.
To submit your papers online, click here.
- Submission Closes (Extended Abstract): July 30, 2020
- Intimation of Acceptance: Aug 27, 2020
- Submission of Full Paper for Accepted Abstract (Optional for best paper awards): October 14, 2020
- Registration Opens: October 15, 2020
- Registration Closes: December 21, 2020
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.