Applications are invited from eligible candidates for different positions in the “Speech to Speech Machine Translation (SSMT)” project funded by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
The Project is for developing robust Hindi-Tamil, Tamil-Malayalam, and Tamil-Telugu Translation systems.
Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978.
- R01: Computational Linguist
- R02: Research Engineers
- R03: Linguist/ Language Analyst
- For Computational Linguist: Ph.D. in Computer science, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics. Experience in NLP related areas such as Machine Translation, Natural Language Understanding, Application of Machine Learning in NLP, Statistical NLP, Linguistics.
- For Research Engineers: ME/ M.Tech/ MCA/ M.Sc or B.E./ B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent. Interest in NLP related areas such as Machine Translation, Natural Language Understanding, Application of Machine Learning in NLP, Statistical NLP, Experience with at least one of the following languages C, C++, Perl, Java, Python, Web Technologies, Data structures.
- For Linguist/ Language Analyst: M.A/ M.Phil Linguistics: Syntax, Semantics, Morphology, Knowledge of Tamil /Hindi / English. Experience in the detailed linguistic analysis of data at Syntactic, Semantics, Morphology level, Development of Linguistic Resources for Machine Translation, Natural Language Understanding, and Application of Machine Learning in NLP. Bilinguals who have knowledge of Tamil and Hindi preferred.
- For Computational Linguist: Rs. 45000-50,000/- per month
- For Research Engineers: Rs.25,000 -30,000/- per month
- For Linguist/ Language Analyst: Rs 25,000 to 35,000/- Per month
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send their application, on a plain paper (including CV giving details of educational qualifications and experience along with the copies of relevant documents, contact address, email and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to apply is September 27, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.