About the Institute
Anjani Mashelkar Foundation engages in rewarding, recognizing, and encouraging various stakeholders responsible for creating value for the society in science, technology, and innovation domains.
About the Award
The Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award is an annual award given to an individual or an organization for a prototyped innovation or a commercialized product or service. The innovation must address the problems faced by the disadvantaged resource-poor people in India and offer an original and implementable solution.
The award prize is Rs. 100,000.
- Innovations addressing Covid-19 pandemic [diagnosis, testing, treatment, vaccination, monitoring, ease of life, drudgery, awareness, etc.]
- Innovations in all other areas [energy, education, agriculture, finance, healthcare (not Covid-19 related), water & sanitation, etc.]
- Only Indian organizations or persons (of any age) of Indian origin are eligible to apply.
- Prototypes or proof of concepts that have the potential to be successful innovations are eligible. Raw ideas will not be considered.
- The prototypes, products, services, or business models should be original and novel.
- They should provide the highest quality affordable products and experiences to the resource-poor people.
- Applications compliant to parameters of the assured framework would be preferred
- Every year a call for nominations is announced for this award.
- Expert team shortlists applicants based on the above-mentioned criteria.
- If more details are required, then shortlisted applicants will be contacted by an expert team.
- The jury will select the winner from a shortlist.
- Anil Gupta: Founder, Honeybee Network & National Innovation Foundation
- Arun Nigvekar: Former Chairman, University Grants Commission
- Bhushan Patwardhan: Vice-Chairman, University Grants Commission
- Elaben Bhat: Founder, Self-Employed Womens Association (Sewa)
- Jayant Umranikar: Ips (Retd.), Former Dg (Special Operations), Maharashtra Police
- R Kumar: Professor (Retd.), Indian Institute Of Science
- Samir Mitragotri: Professor, Harvard John A. Paulson School Of Engineering And Applied Sciences
- Shiladitya Sengupta: Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Sushil Borde: Trustee, Anjani Mashelkar Foundation
- Vijay Bhatkar: Founder, Multiversity & Chancellor, Nalanda University
- Vinod Goel: Senior Consultant, World Bank
Interested candidates can apply through this page.
The last date for submission is 24th August 2020.
For the official link, click the link below.