About Anant Fellowship
Anant Fellowship is the flagship programme of Anant National University, a leading private university with Design and Sustainability at its core.
Anant Fellowship is a one-year, full-time, post-graduate programme designed as a multi-disciplinary immersion to introduce young practitioners and students to new ideas, knowledge and skills to question, evaluate, invent and redefine the Built Environment.
About Anant National University
Anant National University was established as a private univeristy in 2016 in an expansive, lush green campus in Ahmedabad with an aim to nurture Solutionaries, leaders who are revolutionary in their thinking, but solution oriented in their approach. AnantU expects its students to bridge the gap between contemporary socioeconomic challenges and sustainable solutions through design thinking. It is established as the first Design University in India and offers programmes at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
Experience at Anant Fellowship
Anant Fellowship has been carefully curated and structured to prepare you to make exponential change – within yourself, to the country, and to the world. Academic rigour and intensity have been combined with first-hand, experiential discovery to create an equitable balance between theory and praxis, between instruction and experimentation, & between paced-learning and open-ended discovery.
Academic Instruction: The first component of Anant Fellowship is designed to broaden your perspective and aid empathetic solutions by learning from pioneering ideas, thoughts in two thematic clusters: Domain and Technical and Societal and Cultural.
Experiential Discovery: In the second component of Anant Fellowship, you will learn from your own, your peers’ first-hand experiences, and from your own values, beliefs, mindsets, and constructs.
Live-Action Project: The third and most important component of the Fellowship is the Live Action Project where you work in teams through the duration of one year to solve a real-life challenge in close association with local administrative bodies and community stakeholders.
Eligibility for Anant Fellowship
- Open to students from all backgrounds. Preference will be given to students from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, civil and construction engineering, and relevant social science disciplines.
- Applicants must have a sound academic record and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
- Anant Fellowship is committed to diversity; we invite applications from students and professionals of all age-groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
Applicants are required to email the documents listed below in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Statement of Purpose
- Work sample
You may also apply at this page.
Benefits of the programme
- Up to 80% need-based scholarship for Tuition Fees of the programme.
- Mentoring, Seed Funding and Incubation by Fellowship faculty for the Best 3 startup Ideas in Built Environment by the end of the year
Who can apply for this scholarship?
- Open to Graduated students, pursuing Post Graduation from all academic backgrounds.
- Preference will be given to students from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, civil and construction engineering, and relevant social science disciplines.
- No Age Limits
- No Socio-ethenic bars
- The candidate needs to exhibit strong academic record and financial need
Last date to submit applications is 31st March 2019.
For full details, view the official website link given here.