Applications are invited for Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov. The last date of application is 17 September 2021.
About Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021
On the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the 75th year of Independence of India, MyGov under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and UN Women have come together to jointly launch the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021 to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs that facilitate Women’s Safety and Empowerment. The aim is Nari Sashaktikaran, that is to empower women to help them achieve their full potential.
To support and promote women entrepreneurs and women led Start-ups to find innovative solutions in the area of Women Safety and Empowerment. In continuation of Covid-19 Shri Shakti Challenge last year, My Gov together with UN Women have come together yet again with a specific focus on women entrepreneurs led solutions. The solutions are expected to leverage technology that can be utilizedfor supporting women and girls on issues linked towomen’s safety and empowerment.
- Only Women Entrepreneurs will be eligible for the Prizes.
- The contest is open to the following entities: –
- Indian Legal Entities
- Registration proof shall be submitted at the time of application
- It should have a minimum of 51% shareholding of Indian citizens and should not be barred or blacklisted anywhere for government work. Blacklisted means that participants shall not have been blacklisted or debarred from tendering for corrupt or fraudulent practices or non-delivery, non-performance by Govt. of India and/or any State Government and/or any Central/State PSU at the time of bid submission date.
- Individual / Team
The Program commences on 17th August 2021. Individuals and Organizations can register until 17th September and the last day for submission of ideas is 17th September, 2021. To encourage participation from across academia and industry, participating individuals are not mandatorily required to be registered startups to apply for the challenge. However, if shortlisted theteams will be required to register themselves as Startups/ Company if not already. Failing this the shortlisted individuals will be disqualified from the program.
At the Ideation Stage, 10 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the following parameters:
- Relevance to the subject matter
- Impact on society i.e. how helpful is the solution in combating issues linked to women’s safety and empowerment duringthe current COVID-19 crisis.
The 10 selected entrepreneurs will be given a grant of INR 1,00,000 each (total INR 10,00,000) to develop the Proof of Concept (POC) of their idea. Mentors will also be assigned to the entrepreneurs to help develop the idea. The ideas will be evaluated and top ten (10) teams will be selected to be groomed to build the PoC.
Based on the POC, the solutions submitted will again be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Ease of deployment/roll-out
- Potential risks involved in implementation of the solution
Based on the evaluation, 5 entries will be selected for a reward of INR 5,00,000 each for final development and rollout
- Registration on MyGov Portal
- All Participants have to register on MyGov Portal
- Post Registration a mail will be sent to the registered Email ID of participants acknowledging their MyGov Registration
- After registering on MyGov Portal, User can participate in the challenge
- Post – Registration1. Participate and Submit Ideation Stage
- The individual/Company representation can now click on the Participate Button.
- The individual/Company representationcan now upload details and information in the portal
- Final Stage
- The top ten (10) teams enter the final stage
- The teams shall develop the PoCand present to the jury
- The selected entrepreneurs in the IDEATION Stagewill be given a grant of INR 1,00,000 each (total INR 10,00,000) to develop the Proof of Concept (POC) of their idea. Mentors will also be assigned to the entrepreneurs to help develop the idea.
- In the final Stage/PoC Stage, 3 entries will be selected for a reward of INR 5,00,000 each by UN Women, for final development and rollout.
- All the winners will be provided with a certificate of appreciation from MyGov
|1||Launch of Innovation Challenge||17th August|
|2||Last Date for Registration||17th September|
|3||Last Date for Idea Submission||17th September|
Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- Step I: First Level Quality Check & Review by Organizing Team
- Assess compliance to Eligibility Criteria of participating individual/Organization
- Assess quality and completeness of the responses provided in the respective nomination forms
- Step II: Assessment & Screening Second Level
- Detailed Assessmentby screening committee of submitted ideas
- Ideas scoredon each Evaluation Parameter
- Shortlist 20-25entries for presentation
- Step III: Presentation and Shortlisting Entries for Final Stage
- Conduct presentation for selection of 10 winners
- Ideas scoredon each Evaluation Parameter.
- Step IV: Presentation of 10 Entries for Final Stage
- Presentation by shortlisted10 teamsto the Jury
- Ideasscored on each Evaluation Parameter by the Jury
You may also be interested in: