Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the AMDAANA Scholarship 2021 by Government Medical College, Amritsar.
About the Scholarship
AMDAANA (Amritsar Medical & Dental Alumni Association of North America) awards scholarships annually to the medical students at the Government Medical College, Amritsar. While the awards are primarily based upon financial needs, they also give due credit for academic merit, extracurricular activities and a required essay.
There is a special award named AMDAANA Scholar Award. This is purely based upon merit and overall accomplishments and is open to all students regardless of the parental income. It is only available to the students in the final year. Both awards use the same application form.
Number of Scholarships
Nine for each class; total of thirty-six for the entire college
Each award is worth Rs. 30,000
AMDAANA Scholar Award
One per year, available to Final Part II year students only. Primary criteria – overall merit, extracurricular activities and exceptional achievements. Worth Rs. 50,000
General Information and Instructions for Completing Application
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Just a random list of items is no good. You must provide details of each activity and what was accomplished. What proof do you have for your claims? We want to see longitudinal commitment to the activity you choose.
- Deadlines: All deadlines must be adhered to. If there are any follow-up questions or concerns from either the Scholarship Committee of GMCA or the Scholarship Committee of AMDAANA, those must be addressed by the stated deadline.
- Penalty: Applications that don’t meet above guidelines shall be rejected. The scholarship amount may be reduced for poorly completed applications in case the lapses are not bad enough to warrant an outright rejection.
- Proof of parental income. (Parental income cut off from all sources for this year is Rs. 8 lacs. )
- Copy of the proof of identity.
- Proof of extracurricular activity and achievements.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply by filling the application form available here.
- The application should be submitted to Sh. Arun Bhagi, PA to Principal, Principal Office, Government Medical College, Amritsar.
April 15, 2021
For more details, click the link below.