Women’s and Gender Studies PhD programme is conducted jointly by Ambedkar University, Delhi and Centre for Women’s Development Studies (Delhi) as part of collaboration between the two institutions. The program will assimilate analytical understandings of the significance of gender (relations) and foster study of conduits and configurations of power, causes, contexts and consequences of women’s subordination.
The Ph.D. Programme also creates a space for questioning silences around gender that steer the workings of caste, class and community in contemporary and historical societies, and in the social sciences.
Number of Seats: 10
- Preference will be given to those who have completed MPhil in Women’s and Gender Studies or in a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline, or with equivalent experience and/or publications in the field.
- Essential: Masters with 55% in the Social Sciences, Natural Sciences or in professional degrees like engineering, law and medicine or equivalent grade and a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/DifferentlyAbled.
- The requirement of at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognised University (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) at the Masters’ level is also applicable to those with an M.Phil. Degree.
Rs. 1570 per credit for Course Work or Rs. 5950 per semester during Research/ Dissertation + Rs. 500 per semester for Student Welfare Fund + Rs. 5000/- as refundable Security Deposit.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: July 8, 2018.
Fellowships & Stipend:
- AUD extends full fee waiver to all students belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Successful Ph.D. candidates will be eligible to apply for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships through the CWDS, for which there is a separate application process including interview which will be undertaken after formal registration in the Ph.D. programme.
- AUD will give stipend to PhD scholars who are not availing any fellowship/grant.
Dr. Rachna Chaudhary