Alserkal Arts Foundation’s Research Grants are designed to support radical, innovative, and contemporary research that challenges traditional modes of practice in a variety of fields. The grants place an emphasis on interdisciplinary proposals, comparative studies, and societal discourses that link the arts, humanities, and social sciences in the context of Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA).
The grant seeks applications especially from those individuals and collectives that dynamically aim to disrupt conservative boundaries between conventional disciplines.
Potential grant awardees can include, but are in no way limited to, multidisciplinary visual and sonic artists, architects, writers of fiction and non-fiction, independent publishers, documentary filmmakers and educators, geographers, historians, economists and social scientists. Applicants who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing broad, intersectional, and experimental approaches to research in their respective fields will be prioritised.
Selection for Alserkal Arts Foundation’s Research Grants is based on applicants’ potential to become influential researchers, writers, practitioners, and thought-leaders in their respective fields. The application should make a cohesive argument for how the applicant will expand their expertise through Alserkal Arts Foundation’s Research Grants. Applicants from all countries and disciplines are eligible.
To be eligible to receive a research grant, all applicants must:
- Be over 21 years of age;
- Have 5 years of experience;
- Demonstrate an imaginative and evolving practice which creates space for accessible discourse and pedagogy.
The following types of projects/proposals will be disqualified from consideration:
- Projects with a commercial interest or outcome;
- Projects for a political or religious entity or group;
- Projects for a registered charity, healthcare, or educational organisations;
- Projects with a realisation deadline of more than 24 months.
Research grants are awarded as follows:
- Grants for individuals – up to US$5,000
- Grants for duos/collectives – up to US$10,000
- Grants for independent publishers – up to US$10,000
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
Jan 31, 2020