About the Programme
Applications are open for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020. The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks.
The 2020 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
- PhD students who are in the final stages of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply.
- They welcome individual applications from the fields of natural and social sciences.
During the event, the four finalists receive:
- Monetary award:
- EUR 7.000 First finalist
- EUR 5.000 Second finalist
- EUR 3.000 Third finalist
- EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
August 31, 2020
For further details, click here.