Applications are now invited for the All India Common Entrance Test 2020 (AMCET) for Craft Instructor Training Schemes (CITS) at ITIs. The exam is being conducted by the Directorate General of Training, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
The Objective of the Craft Instructor Training Scheme is to train Instructor trainees in the techniques of transferring hands-on skills, in order to train semi-skilled/ skilled manpower for the industry.
A candidate trained in CITS scheme can:-
- Work as an instructor in Industrial Training Institutes and impart efficient SkillTraining.
- As a certified Instructor, He/ She can Impart training under any skill development short term and long term scheme.
- Work as training coordinators in Industries for workers.
- Compete with global training in the field of vocational training.
- Prepare Written Instructional Materials (WIM) for vocational training.
- Become a Test Item writer.
- NTC/ NAC (NCVT certificate in relevant trade) or Diploma/ Degree from a recognized Board of Technical Education/ University or equivalent.
- The candidates undergoing training under Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) who are going to appear in final exam of All India Trade Test (AITT) during July’ 2020, may also be considered for appearing in the AICET but their final admission in CITS courses will be subjected to the successful completion of their training under CTS. If they fail in CTS final examination, they will not be allowed to continue the CITS courses and the fee deposited is non-refundable.
- The candidates who are going to appear in the final semester of Degree/ Diploma during July 2020, may also be considered for appearing in the AICET but their final admission in CITS courses will be subjected to the successful completion of their Degree/ Diploma. If they fail in Degree/ Diploma final examination, they will not be allowed to continue the CITS courses and fee deposited is non-refundable.
The online entrance examination will be of two hours’ duration and the question papers for the entrance test will be of the following pattern:
- 75% of questions of objective type (multiple choice type) of ITI level related to the trade applied for admission.
- 25% of questions of objective type pertaining to Aptitude (Logical, Numeric, and Reasoning).
The examination will be held on 19th & 20th July 2020 at scheduled examination centers.
How to Apply?
- An application fee of Rs. 500/- for General and all other candidates and Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST/ PH/ EWS/ women candidates needs to be paid online.
- To apply online, click here.
- The hall ticket can be downloaded from the websites from13.07.2020 to 18.07. 2020.
- The last date for receiving the application is 27.06.2020 (till 5:00 PM).
- The allotment of seat in an institute will be finalized by respective institutes during counseling solely on the basis of merit (marks secured in the AICET) and as per the choices mentioned by the candidate in his application as well as considering the reservation norms.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.